- Lithological and sedimentological characterization of lake sediment cores
- 14C dating and age-depth modelling
- Geochemical characterization of the YDB in lake sediments (XRF; μXRF; EDAX; ICP-MS; SEM; EPMA; EDS-WDS; C and N stable isotopes; analyses of C, H, N, S ratios; fractionation of sensitive elements such as Fe, Al, P; loss-on-ignition; analysis of potential tephras)
- Geophysical characterization of the YDB in lake sediments (magnetic susceptibility and magnetic remanence; magnetic and non-magnetic separation of MSPs)
- Micropaleontological techniques (analyses of remains of aquatic invertebrate fauna - chironomids and cladocerans; pollen analysis; plant macro-remain analysis)
List of sites:
Černé Lake (in Czech "Černé jezero") – 49°10.77' N, 13°10.98' E
Čertovo Lake (in Czech "Čertovo jezero") – 49°9.90' N, 13°11.79' E
Stará Jímka (in Czech "Stará jímka") – 49°4.02' N, 13°24.25' E
Birch Lake – 64°18.85' N, 146°39.65' W
Windmill Lake – 63°39.52' N, 148°48.28' W
Study sites in Czechia – Černé Lake (CN), Čertovo Lake (CL), and Stará Jímka (SJ).
Study sites in Alaska – Windmill Lake and Birch Lake.
Photos of sites:
The Bohemian Forest: Černé Lake (CN)
The Bohemian Forest: Čertovo Lake (CL).
The Bohemian Forest: Stará Jímka paleolake (SJ).
Nov. 30th, 2019
Website going operational.
Nov. 22th, 2019
New dawn of the project in Alaska. The first meeting of the project leader Günther Kletetschka with American partners.
Nov. 20th, 2019
we started building this website, working towards the first public release
Last update: November 30, 2019
All content © copyright PAGEO, 2019-2020